Wayne G. Mahar
Wayne Mahar established Precision Weather Service, LLC in 1974 as one of the oldest private weather consulting firms in the country specializing in severe weather forecasting and safety. The events division became the world leaders in highly detailed, site specific forecasting of all types handling nearly every red carpet event in Hollywood, New York City and Toronto to the Cannes Film Festival in France. Those who depend on Wayne for their weather have ranged from Oprah to the Kardashians’, Reese Witherspoon to Presidents and Presidential candidates.
When Madonna has a Holiday party, Wayne gets the call. When Erin Andrews, Reese Witherspoon and Adam Levine got married, Wayne was their guy for weather planning and monitoring. 2020 Super Bowl, monitoring thunderstorms for Lady Gaga’s concert, it was Wayne again. MLB All Star Game, WrestleMania at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, again Wayne was their guy.
Because of the great extent of severe weather forecasting and monitoring, Wayne has been called upon to present severe weather safety talks and a one-of-a-kind table top exercise to groups in the United States and Canada Wayne was even called upon to present a day long seminar to New York City management on how to better prepare for the next Superstorm SANDY.
Wayne’s interest has also been television weather, charity work and in particular the non-profit animal welfare foundation he established in 2007 after the passing of his mother. Wayne’s annual Canine Carnival has become one of the largest animal rescue events in the country.
Awards & Certifications
Teaching & Instruction
Some of my education work
Throughout my career I've had the opportunity to share my passion with people of all ages throughout the world.
- Weather Safety for Outdoor EventsEvent Solutions magazine - June 2013
- Weather Safety for Outdoor EventsIFEA International Festivals and Events Association magazine - August 2013
- Weather Safety and Weather Planning for Outdoor EventsBizBash magazine - July 2014
- Time Changes Everything - Weather Safety - Updates Guidelines for Weather SafetyIFEA International Festivals and Events Association magazine - October 2015
- Winter Weather SafetyIFEA International Festivals and Events Association magazine - December 2015
- Weather Safety for Outdoor EventsA Table Top Exercise Over WEB, IFEA International Festivals and Events Association magazine - 2017
- Winter Weather Safety and Guidelines for Schools WebinarNew York State Department of Education - Based in Albany, NY
- Table Top ExercisesChaired several talks and Table Top Exercises on severe weather to international audiences at outdoor event conventions in the US and Canada - 2005-Present
- "Forecasting for the 90's"Co-author of this 200 page course workbook on the science of meteorology which sold worldwide - 1990
- Wayne's Weather WorkshopAuthor of a 35 page weather workshop for high school Earth Science classes. This was distributed to high schools throughout central and northern New York - 1989
- "Pay For Weather? Are You Crazy?"Authored article on weather forecasting in the media in Broadcast and Engineering Magazine, a national magazine published throughout Canada, 1988.
- Severe weather preparedness articlesWrote and published several severe weather preparedness articles, published internationally - 1990 - 2015